Yahoo! Finance: The Rise of the Independent Wealth Management Model in Canada
Yahoo! Finance recently reported on the rebranding of Sightline Wealth Management, following the firm’s year-long relaunch of a new independent wealth management business model. Sightline was formerly known as SP Wealth, a spinoff from Sprott Private Wealth.
In the article, Sightline is described as an independent wealth management firm that provides access to comprehensive financial planning and open-architecture investment strategies to business owners and other high-net worth professionals to help them manage the challenges of life with wealth.
“While the financial industry in Canada is dominated by the big banks, independent, boutique firms have become a meaningful alternative as wealthy families opt for a fee-based fiduciary model with the flexibility to access the best managers and products within a particular strategy or asset class,” the publication reports.
The independent model benefits investors in several concrete ways, including:
- An open architecture platform that enables access to product providers and managers – both internal and external – that specialize in their specific strategies and asset classes
- A transparent, easy-to-understand fee model
- Fiduciary advice based on the clients’ best interests
- Access to alternative investments that transcend traditional public equities and fixed income, decreasing portfolio correlation
- Access to holistic wealth services covering a client’s entire financial life
- Supports the needs of high-net worth investors, aligning their goals with investment recommendations
With more than three decades in the financial services industry, James Fox, founder of Sightline Wealth Management, told Yahoo! Finance that the ultimate success of Sightline is in direct alignment of meeting their clients’ financial objectives and staying true to their values.
“By doing what is right for investors, we believe growth will follow. This has been our philosophy from the beginning, and it continues to be what drives us today,” stated Fox.